Looking for an affordable place to eat lunch in Inver Grove Heights? Traveling through town and wondering what are the best lunch options in Inver Grove Heights? Despite what seems like a limited selection, those who know the secrets of the city know where to find value. Below, are some of our picks for best lunch value in Inver Grove Heights.
1. Turrito’s Super Sub: For some reason people still flock to Subway, brainwashed that the wax coated veggies and chemical-filled bread is actually healthy. And while Jimmy John’s is good, it’s easy to get tired of Jimmy John’s. That’s why the often overlooked Turitto’s Super Sub is really the best sub sandwich value in Inver Grove Heights. Piled high with ham, turkey, salami, two cheeses and your choice of fixings, a whole Super Sub is still only $6 and enough to satisfy the most hungriest of appetites. The pizza is pretty good too. While Old World Pizza is the pizza king in Inver Grove Heights, Turitto’s is the next favorite pizza spot for many in Inver Grove Heights. Check it out. The Super Sub is $6 anytime, but sub sandwiches seem to be a favorite for the lunch crowd so next time you are craving a sub, head to 6611 Concord Blvd, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076 or call 651-455-6363 and order it to go. Other subs such as ham, turkey and roast beef are also available and cheaper. Keep in mind the $6 cost is for a whole sub, the lighter eater can get half a sub for even less. Any sub selection is a good one at Turrito’s. Call ahead and they will make it for you. We recommend the half sub and small cheese pizza for a filling and inexpensive lunch.
2. Burger from B52 Burgers and Brew: If you’re looking for a good burger at a low price, head to B52 Burgers and Brew for their daily lunch specials. You can get any burger on the menu and fries for $6.79. Add tax and a tip and you are still around $20 for two people for lunch, which is hard to do these days at a sit down restaurant.
3. Gyro from J’s Fish and Chicken: This was a contender for our 5 food items every Inver Grove Heights resident must try article, but just missed the cut. For $5.99 you get a gyro piled high with meat, and a heaping helping of french fries. Take advice from Ronnie down at Celts Pub and ask for an extra pita when ordering the gyro, so you can take the extra meat, lettuce, tomatoes and onions that fall out and put it into another pita. You need to ask for extra cucumber sauce though as what they put on it isn’t enough to add that taste you crave when ordering a gyro.
4. Outback Steakhouse: From a steakhouse standpoint, Outback Steakhouse is average in our opinion, falling under the category of the average American chain steakhouse. But if you’re looking for good lunch specials for a good value, then check out Outback Steakhouse and the steak or chicken tacos ($.8.99 or $9.99). They are full of meat and filling. The lunch burger is also good and the soup and salad or sandwich combo for only $6.99 or $7.99 is excellent value. Bring your jacket or sweatshirt though, the air conditioning is on full blast at Outback Steakhouse in IGH, and it’s cold in there!
5. Chicken Burrito El Rincon Mexicano: People love Chipotle. This burrito is better than Chipotle and doesn’t fall out of the warm tortilla shell. Of course we admit, we think Chipotle burritos are overrated (even though the teen and Millenial crowd loves them), so take that for what it’s worth. Filled with chicken (available in steak and pork as well), cheese, beans and rice, this is a filling burrito and excellent value for $6. This also is $6 at anytime but enough to fill you up at lunch without needing a nap so it fits the IGH best lunch value category.
There you have it, a quick look at some of the best lunch values in Inver Grove Heights. Note: Yes the Old World Pizza buffet is an amazing value too, but we can’t write about OWP in every article.
What are your favorite lunch values? What are your secrets of the city? Share with us and let us know.