Healthy mason jar spring Greens & berry salad w/ poppyseed dressing
Serving size: 4-6
for the salad
- 1 5 oz bag of fresh spring greens mix
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 4 whole strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 large strawberries, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- Mix the avocado oil, egg, mustard powder, lemon juice and salt in an immersion blender and mix well (about 60 seconds).
- Add the honey, apple cider vinegar & poppyseeds to the container and blend with the immersion blender again until well combined.
- When finished, take 32 oz mason jars and use 2-3 tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar. Then begin layering other ingredients, starting with the wet ingredients closest to the bottom. We recommend layering in this order: berries, chicken, greens. Top with a lid and store until ready to serve.
- Finally, when ready to serve, shake jar lightly to mix ingredients and pour into a bowl for an easy on-the-go healthy meal.
About the author
Felicia Romero is a celebrity fitness trainer, former fitness cover model and cast member on the upcoming season of A&E’s From Fit to Fat to Fit.