This week’s recipe of the week is Dr. Pepper pulled pork. This Dr. Pepper pulled pork recipe is simple and satisfying. All you need is the pork, Dr. Pepper and a crockpot.
Watch the video and follow the Dr. Pepper pulled pork recipe below, courtesy of Perry Santanachote in this Yahoo Food article:
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
1 (4-pound) boneless pork shoulder or butt
1 (12-ounce) can Dr Pepper
1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (optional)
- Place the pork shoulder in a 6-quart slow cooker and pour the can of Dr Pepper over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove the pork to a cutting board. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl. Pour the liquid from the slow cooker through the strainer; set aside.
- Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce (if using), and mix to combine. If you’re not using barbecue sauce, add ¼ cup of the liquid to moisten the pork. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in slow cooker until ready to serve.