IWA Sushi is expected to open soon in the Argenta Hills neighborhood of Inver Grove Heights. And now, those who eagerly await the opening of the new IGH sushi restaurant can learn more from its web site and menu.
Much like 1.2.3. Pasta, it looks like there is much more to this restaurant than the name leads on. Sure, IWA Sushi Japanese Grill and Bar, located at 7781 Amana Trail Suite 205, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077, features sushi – lots of sushi. But it also features a wide selection of Japanese fare that should have Inver Grove Heights residents excited.
Eat IGH reached out to IWA Sushi via phone, but the mailbox was not set up. We also reached out via email, and hope to learn more about the restaurant, owners, and expected grand opening when/if owners respond.
Construction continues on IWA Sushi, and what we can see from window shopping is that the decor of the restaurant is nice, and this looks to be a classy restaurant – one which will surely get some IGH residents to complain that prices are too high (especially those who are going to say “I don’t like sushi”). But for those who like sushi – and there are plenty IGH residents who do, and for those who understand that it’s not uncommon to spend more than $10 to $15 for lunch or dinner nowadays, IWA Sushi of Inver Grove Heights looks to have tremendous potential.
Here are some things we saw from reviewing the IWA Sushi menu that stood out:
- Sushi – click on the IWA sushi web site/menu below to read the extensive sushi list. It’s impressive, and sushi lovers should find something they like. Prices are comparable and fair for sushi.
- Daily lunch specials that range from $9-$13, including sushi lunch boxes
- Dinner specials that range from $14.95 to $30 that come with broth onion soup, house salad, hibachi noodle, hibachi vegetable, 2 pieces of shrimp, ginger and shrimp sauce, and fried rice (for $2.95 extra)
- Appetizers: Edamame, gyoza, crispy calamari, cream cheese wontons, fried cracker shrimp, soft shell crab, and Hara Maki – from $4.95 to $6.95.
- Chicken teriyaki, Beef Teriyaki, Jumbo shrimp teriyaki, Salmon Teriyaki
- Yaki Udon noodles
- Hibachi steak
- Side orders: Hibachi Fried rice, Hibachi noodles, filet mignon, chicken fried rice, shrimp fried rice, vegetable fried rice, and more.
- Build your own creations also appear to be available – just ask the chef and they will make it.
- House salads and soups also available
We didn’t see any wine or alcohol listed on the menu/web site, and reached out to the City of IGH to see if IWA Sushi has applied for a liquor license. In our discussions with Colliers – the real estate company leasing the restaurant space – about this restaurant, they indicated the restaurant would serve alcohol, so we expect wine and beer to be available.
Judging by the menu, IWA Sushi Japanase Grill and Bar in Inver Grove Heights looks like it has an opportunity to be a nice addition to the Inver Grove Heights restaurant scene. We can’t wait to give them a try.