Concord Lanes – formerly Mattie’s Lanes Sports Bar and Grill at 365 North Concord South St. Paul, MN 55075 – featrues much more than a bowling alley.
In fact, a recently remodeled Concord Lanes Sports Bar and Grille is a local restaurant everyone should check out at least once.
And here is why (view pictures below):
1. The Concord Prime Burger: Quality over quantity here. The Concord Prime Burger features Concord Bar and Grille specialty house-grind short ribs and sirloin, combined together to create a mouth-watering, meaty burger. It’s not a huge burger – that’s not what we like about it, but it’s still good size. The Concord Prime Burger comes with pepper bacon, aged cheddar cheese, house made pickles, and mojo sauce – sriracha and ketchup. The Concord Prime Burger is expensive – $14.95, but it’s a better quality burger, and you can taste it in the meat.
2. The beer: Eat IGH street team member Daryl told us Concord Lanes Bar and Grille has the coldest beer in the Twin Cities. And he was right. And they also have 16 domestic and craft beers on tap. Concord Lanes Sports Bar and Grille is the best place for craft beer in South Saint Paul. It’s served ice cold – and you can’t beat that.
3. The fish fry: Every Friday – throughout the entire year and not just lent, you can get three HUGE pieces of Concord Cod with fries and coleslaw for only $9.95. We’re talking heaping portions of cod here, not small, misleading sizes. If you are craving fish, this is an awesome deal, and the fish is done to perfection, and by far the most popular item on Fridays.
4. The remodel: Inside the bar area, wow, what a difference. The dingy old bar with the low seats – something that was unique to the area and Mattie Lanes and that we loved, is now gone and a new, U-shaped bar with lots of lighting is in place. It’s a welcome change and improvement. The entire Sports Bar and Grille area is a welcoming place to have lunch or dinner. With numerous TVs, it’s also a good place to watch the Minnesota Vikings and other NFL games this season.
5. The variety: Concord Lanes Sports Bar and Grille features a wide variety of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, pizza, and daily food and drink specials. There is something for everyone on the menu.
Inver Grove Heights (Drkula’s) and South Saint Paul are both home to popular and busy bowling alleys. While some people are quick to judge and think these restaurants serve “basic bowling alley food,” that’s not the case at Concord Sports Bar and Grille in South Saint Paul.
If you’re looking to have a beer with your buddies, a burger, pizza, appetizers, wings, or to check out a game, check out Concord Lanes Sports Bar and Grille. You will be glad you did.